‘You want to remember, Sherlock, I was a soldier, I killed people.’ ‘You were a doctor !’ ‘I had bad days !’
the kitchen is a kitchen
with a toaster
and some pots and pants
and food in the cabinets
notice the lack of beakers and syringes and microscopes and bottles of chemicals
This broke my heart
The “get these fucking prints out of my sight” giveaway
- So, I have an Epson Stylus Photo R3000 printer
- I use it for the high-quality 13”x19” Limited Ed. prints in my official shop but recently it has been out to make my head explode by casually putting a random ink splotch on otherwise perfect prints
- I am seething with rage!!!!! because it only happens randomly so I don’t know what’s wrong and also I use very expensive paper and ink SO EACH TINY SPLATTER costs me a fuckload
- I don’t want to throw out the prints because they look fine otherwise but I also can’t look at them any longer cause THEY ARE FAILURES AND MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!!
- People who follow me on Twitter can attest to my total meltdown and tantrum because of this
- They’ve suggested that I sell them as discounted Artist’s Proofs or something but INSTEAD I am going to do a giveaway
- Next Saturday, March 16th, I will pick one or two
loserswinners to receive these prints free of charge. They normally cost $80-$95, and I don’t sell some of these pieces anywhere else, so I figure if anyone wants ‘em and doesn’t mind the imperfections…
- The prints are 13”x19” and will be signed and dated and marked “PROOF.” I’ll ship anywhere.
- I don’t fucking care how many times you reblog
- But try and reblog at least once because the goal is that maybe someone who sees this post is a Printer Whisperer and can tell me why the fuck my printer is being such a douchebag
- I don’t fucking care if you’re following me
- Get these fuckiNG FAILURES out of my sight!!!!11
When people turn to fictional characters, it’s often because they want an escape. The stories of these people shelter us from the storm of our daily lives; they save us, if only for a little while. But when we really give in, become invested, let ourselves be vulnerable, something changes. We begin to feel that we know them. It’s no longer just an escape, but part of us, something that makes us who we are.
These characters teach us that incredible adversity can be overcome. That people can love each other forever. That life can be an adventure. That magic can be real. And even if these miracles have never happened to us, we begin to go through life believing that, someday, they could.
“And I promise you that you’re important. Don’t look at me like that- in all my 900 years I’ve never met someone who wasn’t important.”
“Cheer up mate, it gets better. Look at me, I was once a little kid living under the stairs. You’ll do fine.”
“Hey. I know it seems like life sucks, that you’ve got the devil on your tail. Hell, sometimes you do. But you’re strong enough to beat him. You’ve got friends at your back and family too, and that’s what really counts in the end.”
“Don’t be silly, they’re wrong about you; of course you matter. You’ve always mattered.”
WOW CONGRATS YOU JUST MADE ME CRY OVER MY OWN POST
This. Exactly this. It encompasses everything about why fiction is so important, and is so much more than mere entertainment to so many of us.